- 2 Small chicken breasts, butterflied
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8-10 Rashers of smoked streaky bacon
- 4 Large pickles, sliced
- 10 Small slices of bread
- Soft butter
To make the sandwich:
- 2 Baby gem lettuce, split into leaves
- 4 Tomatoes, sliced
- 6-8 slices Salami
- 6-8 slices deli ham
- 6-8 slices Swiss cheese
- 6-8 slices Smoked cheese
For the sauce:
- 6 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp English mustard
- A few drops of tabasco sauce
PREP TIME10-15 MINS
COOKING TIME0-10 MINS
- Firstly, create the sandwich sauce by combining the mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, Dijon mustard, English mustard and drops of tabasco sauce in a mixing bowl and mix well. Set aside until ready to use.
- Butter 6 slices of the bread and lay out on the work surface. These are going to be the middle layers of your sandwich. Keep the remaining 4 slices to one side, these are going to be grilled and will be the top and bottom of your sandwich.
- Spread some of the sandwich sauce on on your work surface, making sure to keep some aside for the remaining 4 slices of bread.
- Layer up the lettuce, tomato, deli ham, salami and cheeses onto each slice of bread. Keep 2-4 slices of the cheese to top the chicken with later. Set aside.
- Next, brush the chicken with the olive oil and then season.
- Pre heat your grill in the 180° open position. Once the grill is ready, grill the bacon rashers once cooked through and then set aside.
- Then, grill the chicken on one side of the grill for approximately 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- On the other side of the grill, place the sliced pickles and grill for 1 minute on each side.
- Once the chicken is cooked top with a slice or two of the cheese until melted. Remove from the grill and slice each breast in two.
- Place the remaining 4 slices of bread on the grill until crisp and golden brown.
- Lay the grilled bread down and divide and spread the remaining sandwich sauce between them. Place a piece of the chicken onto each slice.
- Divide the bacon and pickles between the other slices of bread on your work surface.
- To build the sandwiches, start with a slice of grilled bread with chicken and carefully build up the 3 middle layers. Then top with the final slice of grilled bread with chicken on. Place 2 of the wooden skewers through to hold the sandwiches together then slice in half.
- Tuck in and enjoy, before your dog has a chance to eat it from your grasp!