- Pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 cup sausage gravy (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped green onions or parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven according to the pizza dough package or recipe instructions.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface to your desired thickness and shape. Place it on a pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Pre-bake the pizza crust for about 5-7 minutes, or until it just starts to set.
- While the crust is pre-baking, prepare the sausage gravy. If you’re using store-bought gravy, heat it according to the package instructions. If making it from scratch, cook the sausage in a skillet until browned, then stir in flour to create a roux. Gradually whisk in milk until the mixture thickens into a gravy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the crust is pre-baked, spread the sausage gravy evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the gravy, followed by the cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage.
- Create wells in the pizza for the eggs. Crack the eggs into the wells.
- Season the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the pizza back in the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown, the cheese is melted, and the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Garnish with chopped green onions or parsley if desired.
Slice and enjoy your delicious sausage gravy breakfast pizza! Feel free to customize the toppings to your liking.