yield: 8 SLICES OR 1 PIE
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 40 MINUTES
total time: 50 MINUTES
- 6-7 apples, cored, peeled, sliced.
- 1 TB white sugar
- 1 TB brown sugar
- 1 TB Cinnamon
- 1.5 sticks vegan butter, partially melted.
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp plant milk
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and grease a pie pan, set aside.
- You’re going to start with your apples. If you don’t have a peeler and corer than core them, take the skin off and then slice them as thin as you can. Place them in a bowl. Now take a small bowl and combine the 1 TB white sugar, 1 TB brown sugar, and 1 TB cinnamon, mix until combined. Now add that mixture to the apples and gently stir until all combined and set aside.
- Now we will start on the crust. Take your stand mixer and place all the crust ingredients. You want your vegan butter to be a little bit melted. Stir all of these together until combined.
- Now take half of the dough and press it into the pie dish, on the bottom and sides. Pour the prepared apple mixture on top of the crust and spread evenly. Take the remaining pie crust and crumble it over the apples. You will likely have a few apples poking through and that’s okay you just want it mostly covered.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-60 minutes. Start checking the pie for doneness at the 40-minute mark. Take a fork or toothpick to check and see if the apples are soft, if not continue baking.
- Let this cool for a couple of hours, when ready to serve you can reheat it slightly for a warm piece of apple pie and vegan ice cream.