Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time25 minutes
Total Time30 minutes
- 8 oz (250 g) fusilli (or another short pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs mix
- 1 can (14 oz/400g) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups (100 g) baby spinach
- 1 cup (50 g) sun-dried tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 cup (125 g) mini mozzarella balls
- 6 fresh basil leaves, roughly shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it generously and cook the pasta al dente following the instructions on the package. Reserve 2 cups of pasta water before draining.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large, deep pan or Dutch oven and sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and red chili flakes and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the tomato paste, then add 1 cup of the reserved pasta water and bring to a simmer. Stir in the Italian herbs mix and cannellini beans and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the baby spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes until wilted.
- Transfer the cooked pasta to the pan and toss to combine.
- Stir in the sundried tomatoes, mozzarella balls and fresh basil and season to taste.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 401Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 588mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 10gSugar: 8gProtein: 22g