Making two-ingredient air fryer tortilla chips is incredibly easy and a healthier alternative to store-bought chips. Here’s a basic recipe:
- Corn tortillas
- Cooking spray (such as olive oil or vegetable oil)
- Preheat your air fryer to around 350-375°F (175-190°C). The exact temperature may vary depending on your air fryer model, so consult your air fryer’s manual for guidance.
- While the air fryer is preheating, stack your corn tortillas on top of each other. You can stack several tortillas at once, depending on the size of your air fryer basket. Using a sharp knife, cut them into chip-sized wedges. You can make them as large or small as you like.
- Lay out the tortilla wedges in a single layer on a clean work surface.
- Lightly spray both sides of the tortilla wedges with cooking spray. You can use an oil mister or simply drizzle a small amount of oil and rub it in with your hands. This step helps them get crispy in the air fryer.
- Once the air fryer is preheated, place the tortilla wedges in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Be sure not to overcrowd them, as this will result in uneven cooking. You may need to do this in batches.
- Air fry the tortilla chips for 5-7 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time. Keep a close eye on them, as cooking times can vary depending on the air fryer’s temperature and the thickness of the tortillas. They should be golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the chips from the air fryer and let them cool for a few minutes. They will continue to crisp up as they cool.
- Season the chips with salt or your favorite seasonings, if desired. You can get creative with the flavors by adding ingredients like paprika, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, or grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve the tortilla chips with your preferred dips, such as salsa, guacamole, or queso.
Enjoy your homemade air fryer tortilla chips! They’re a tasty, two-ingredient snack that’s quick to make and healthier than store-bought chips.