Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
Course: Appetizer, Snacks
Cuisine: Asian, Chinese
- 3 tablespoon oil ( use sesame oil for a good flavor)
- 300 gms noodles Udon/soba/Ramen or any other that you like
- 1 tablespoon ginger finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- ½ medium green bell pepper thinly sliced
- ½ medium red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup cabbage thinly sliced
- ¼ cup spring onion greens finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon hot chilli sauce Adjust as per your taste.if you do not prefer hot,use sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup to balance the heat from the sauce.Not required if you are using sweet chilli instead of hot chilli sauce above.
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or plain white vinegar
- Salt and pepper as per taste balance the salt as per the saltiness of the soy sauce
Mix all the sauce together and keep it aside.
Boil water and add noodles and salt to it. Cook for 3-5 mins.Refer to timings on the veg noodles packet.
Drain the water and toss it with 1 tablespoon oil. Keep it aside.
Heat oil in a wok. Add ginger and garlic ,followed by onions. Fry the onions on a medium high heat for 2-3 minutes.
Add the cabbage and cook for a 1-2 minutes on high flame/heat.
Add the peppers to the mix and cook for 1-2 mins.
Add noodles,salt,pepper and sauces to it. Toss them and cook for 2-3 mins.
Serve noodles hot and enjoy!
Note: Chinese wok heats up real soon so be careful while handling it.Check and cook the noodles according to the instructions on the pack so that you do not overcook them.
The amount of sauce can be adjusted as per your choice.
Adjust Salt as per the usage of Soya sauce as it has good amount of salt.
You may add more veggies such as celery,snap peas etc