- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into strips
- 1 Italian long hot pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce or 226 gram) package seitan, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 torpedo sandwich rolls, sliced open
- Vegan cheese sauce, as needed (try my nacho sweet potato cheese, cauliflower cheese, or cashew queso)
- Ketchup (optional)
Coat the bottom of a medium skillet with oil and place it over medium-high heat. Add the onion and hot pepper.
Sauté everything until the onions and peppers are slightly softened and browned in spots, about 3 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook it with the onions and peppers for about 1 minute, until very fragrant.
Add the seitan, paprika, and soy sauce. Continue to sauté until the seitan begins to crisp in spots, about 3 more minutes. Stir the mixture frequently to prevent burning.
Divide the seitan mixture between sandwich rolls. Top with vegan cheese sauce, and ketchup if desired.
Nutrition information does not include cheese sauce, because it will vary depending on what variety of cheese sauce and how much you use.Nutrition FactsVegan Philly Cheesesteak SandwichesAmount Per Serving (1 sandwich (without cheese))Calories 480Calories from Fat 163% Daily Value*Fat 18.1g28%Saturated Fat 3.7g19%Sodium 1194mg50%Potassium 165mg5%Carbohydrates 56.1g19%Fiber 4.6g18%Sugar 9g10%Protein 34.7g69%Calcium 102mg10%Iron 5mg28%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.