These One Point Blueberry Muffins are packed with protein and loaded with blueberries, they are family favorite! PREP TIME 5 minutes COOK TIME 15 minutes ADDITIONAL TIME 3 minutes TOTAL TIME 23 minutes
- 1 and 1/2 cup Kodiak Cakes Protein Pancake Power Cakes, Flapjack and Waffle Baking Mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup water (give or take depending on the batter consistency)
- 1/4 cup zero point granulated white sugar substitute ( I use Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener)
- 1 large egg or 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries *see note section
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine egg, water, applesauce & sugar substitute.
- Blend together. Add kodiak pancake mix and baking powder. Stir until well combined.
- Fold in fresh or frozen blueberries. ( I usually add more on top of batter and cover them a bit with the batter.)
- Spray the muffin tin with cooking spray or use muffin foil- liners.
- Pour batter into 12 muffin cups. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container on the counter for a day, in the refrigerator for up to five days, or in the freezer for up to two months.
- If using frozen blueberries- I recommend thawing them out completely and dusting them with a little flour. The flour will make them rise to the top instead of the bottom of the batter and will ensure the batter doesn’t turn purple.
- I recommend using either foil muffin liners or spraying the muffin tin with non stick cooking spray. The paper muffin liners tend to stick to the batter.
- The Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener (sugar substitute) that is used in this recipe is zero points. Please keep in mind-the point value can vary depending on the brand of sugar substitute you choose to use. Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener also has a 1:1 ratio to real sugar. If you use a different sugar substitute you will want to use the equivalent to real sugar that is recommended on back of the sugar substitute package..
- For extra protein: you may substitute a 1/2 cup Kodiak Pancake mix for 1/2 cup (100-110 calorie) flavor protein powder (or about 2 scoops of Devotion Angel Food Cake protein powder)