- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar substitute (such as Swerve)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish or line it with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, applesauce, sugar-free maple syrup, brown sugar substitute, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix well until all the ingredients are well combined.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow the bars to cool in the baking dish for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, cut the bars into squares and serve.
Each serving will have a certain number of SmartPoints, depending on the specific ingredients you use. Be sure to calculate the SmartPoints based on the exact brands and quantities you choose. Enjoy your Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars!