For the Pound Cake:
- 6 oz fat-free cream cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sweetener (use a sugar substitute like Stevia or Swerve)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (as a moistening agent)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar-free chocolate chips (choose a Weight Watchers-friendly brand)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (163 degrees Celsius) and prepare a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the fat-free cream cheese, eggs, granulated sweetener, and vanilla extract. Use a hand mixer or a stand mixer to blend these ingredients until they are well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the almond flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, unsweetened applesauce, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and blend until you have a smooth batter with no lumps.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 15-20 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the sugar-free chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave in 20-30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Alternatively, you can use a double boiler on the stove.
- Allow the chocolate glaze to cool for a few minutes, then drizzle it over the cooled pound cake.
- Slice the cake into 12 equal servings, and enjoy!
Nutrition (per serving):
- Calories: Approximately 160-170