- 2 medium-sized zucchini
- 1 cup marinara sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Your favorite pizza toppings (e.g., sliced cherry tomatoes, olives, pepperoni, basil)
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Prepare the Zucchini: Wash the zucchini and cut them into 1/4-inch thick rounds. If the slices are too thick, the zucchini may not cook through properly.
- Bake Zucchini: Place the zucchini slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the preheated oven for about 5-7 minutes. This helps remove excess moisture from the zucchini.
- Add Toppings: Remove the zucchini slices from the oven and blot them with a paper towel to absorb any additional moisture. Spoon a small amount of marinara sauce onto each zucchini round. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and your desired pizza toppings.
- Bake Again: Place the topped zucchini slices back in the oven and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the edges of the zucchini are golden brown.
- Broil (Optional): If you want a slightly crispy top, you can broil the zucchini pizza bites for 1-2 minutes, but be sure to keep a close eye on them to prevent burning.
- Serve and Enjoy: Once done, let the zucchini pizza bites cool for a few minutes before serving. They can be enjoyed as a tasty appetizer or a light snack.
Feel free to get creative with the toppings and adjust the quantities based on your preferences. This recipe offers a low-carb and gluten-free alternative to traditional pizza bites. Enjoy!