In the realm of guilt-free indulgence, our Weight Watchers-friendly cheesecake reigns supreme, offering a delectable journey for your taste buds without compromising on health. Crafted with precision and a commitment to wholesome ingredients, this divine dessert caters to those seeking a balanced approach to their culinary pleasures.
Crust Perfection: A Symphony of Graham and Goodness
Embark on this culinary adventure with a flawlessly balanced crust. The amalgamation of 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs, 4 tablespoons of melted butter, and 2 tablespoons of sugar substitute forms the foundation of our cheesecake masterpiece. The crust, baked to perfection for 10 minutes, provides the perfect textural contrast, setting the stage for the creamy symphony to unfold.
Creamy Elegance: The Heart of the Cheesecake
The filling, an epitome of reduced-fat decadence, features 3 packages of softened cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar substitute, and a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Meticulously blended until smooth and luxurious, this cream cheese concoction is elevated by the addition of 3 large eggs, creating a velvety texture that dances on the palate. The secret weapon: 1 cup of fat-free Greek yogurt, harmonizing health and flavor seamlessly. A burst of freshness is introduced with the zest of a lemon, imparting a tantalizing citrus note that elevates the entire composition.
Baking Brilliance: A Symphony of Aromas
The oven becomes the maestro’s stage, orchestrating a crescendo of aromas as the cheesecake bakes at 325°F for 45-50 minutes. A golden brown crown emerges, promising a center that is not only set but a testament to the culinary mastery at play. Cooling is an art form in itself, as the cheesecake rests with the oven door ajar, allowing flavors to meld and intensify for an hour.
Chill and Conquer: A Patient Finale
As the cheesecake exits the oven, it enters the cool sanctuary of the refrigerator, where it matures for a minimum of 4 hours, if not overnight. This period of rest allows the flavors to harmonize, reaching their full potential and ensuring every bite is a revelation of taste and texture.
A Symphony of Berries: Optional Finishing Flourish
Before presentation, the cheesecake welcomes a flourish of freshness with a crown of fresh berries or a sugar-free fruit compote, introducing a burst of color and natural sweetness. The optional garnish not only adds visual appeal but also complements the nuanced flavors of the cheesecake, concluding this culinary journey on a sweet, satisfying note.
Weight Watchers Cheesecake
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12 sheets)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute (like Stevia)
For the Filling:
- 3 (8 oz) packages reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar substitute (like Stevia)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (163°C).
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar substitute for the crust. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes and then set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together softened cream cheese, sugar substitute, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in Greek yogurt and lemon zest until well combined.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust in the springform pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes or until the center is set.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven with the door ajar for about 1 hour.
- Chill the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
- Optionally, top with fresh berries or a sugar-free fruit compote before serving.