- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (about 110°F or 43°C)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine the warm water, sugar, and active dry yeast. Stir gently and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes until it becomes frothy.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt. If desired, add olive oil for extra flavor.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the flour mixture and stir to form a dough.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes until it’s smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover it with a damp cloth, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1-2 hours or until it has doubled in size.
Air Fryer Calzones:
- Homemade calzone dough (prepared as above)
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce (choose a WW-friendly option)
- 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Your choice of calzone fillings (e.g., lean turkey sausage, sautéed vegetables, spinach, etc.)
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for a few minutes.
- Divide the risen calzone dough into two equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a circle or oval shape, about 6-7 inches in diameter.
- Place half of the marinara sauce, cheese, and your choice of calzone fillings on one-half of each dough circle, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Fold the other half of the dough over the fillings to create a half-moon shape.
- Use a fork to crimp the edges of the calzone to seal it.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Place the calzones in the air fryer basket, making sure they don’t touch.
- Air fry at 375°F (190°C) for about 8-10 minutes, or until the calzones are golden brown and crisp on the outside.
- Carefully remove the calzones from the air fryer and let them cool for a minute before serving.
- Enjoy your WW-friendly Air Fryer Calzones!