- Bread slices (white, whole wheat, or your choice)
- Butter or cooking spray (for greasing the air fryer basket)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sliced tomatoes, herbs, or any other ingredients you like.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350-375°F (180-190°C) for about 2-3 minutes.
- While the air fryer is preheating, prepare the bread and eggs. You can choose to make a hole in the center of each bread slice or use two slices for a sandwich-style egg toast.
- Grease the air fryer basket with a little butter or cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Place the prepared bread in the air fryer basket, and then carefully crack an egg into the hole in each slice or between two slices for a sandwich.
- Season the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper. You can also add your favorite toppings at this stage.
- Place the air fryer basket in the preheated air fryer and cook for about 5-8 minutes. The exact cooking time may vary depending on your air fryer and desired doneness. You can check the eggs after 5 minutes and cook longer if needed.
- When the eggs are cooked to your liking (runny yolk or fully cooked), carefully remove the air-fried egg toast from the air fryer.
- Let it cool for a minute or two as it will be very hot, then enjoy your air fryer egg toast.