- 2 boneless steaks (such as ribeye or sirloin)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Fresh herbs (optional for garnish)
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for about 5 minutes.
- While the air fryer is preheating, brush both sides of the steaks with olive oil and season them with salt and pepper. You can use your favorite steak seasoning or a simple salt and pepper blend.
- Place the seasoned steaks in the preheated air fryer basket in a single layer, ensuring they don’t touch. If your air fryer is small, you may need to cook the steaks one at a time.
- Cook the steaks in the air fryer for about 8-12 minutes for medium-rare, depending on the thickness of your steaks and the desired level of doneness. You can adjust the time for your preferred doneness, but keep in mind that the internal temperature will continue to rise a few degrees after you remove them from the air fryer. You can flip the steaks halfway through the cooking time if you like.
- While the steaks are cooking, prepare the garlic butter. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Be careful not to brown the garlic. Remove the garlic butter from the heat.
- Once the steaks are done, remove them from the air fryer and let them rest for a few minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute and keeps the steaks tender.
- Drizzle the garlic butter over the cooked steaks, and garnish with fresh herbs if desired. The garlic butter adds extra flavor and moisture to the steaks.
- Serve your air-fried steaks with garlic butter alongside your favorite side dishes and enjoy.