- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray (for the air fryer basket)
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Prepare the Sweet Potatoes: Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them into evenly sized wedges, making sure they are of similar thickness so that they cook evenly.
- Seasoning: In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Add the sweet potato wedges to the bowl and toss them until they are well-coated with the seasoning mixture.
- Prep the Air Fryer Basket: Lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray to prevent sticking. This step is important to ensure the sweet potato wedges come out crispy.
- Air Frying: Place the seasoned sweet potato wedges in a single layer in the air fryer basket. You may need to cook them in batches if your air fryer is not large enough. Don’t overcrowd the basket; leave some space between the wedges for proper air circulation.
- Cooking Time: Cook the sweet potato wedges at 400°F (200°C) for about 15-20 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time. Cooking times may vary slightly depending on the thickness of your wedges and the specific air fryer you’re using, so keep an eye on them. They should be golden brown and crispy when done.
- Serve: Once the sweet potato wedges are cooked to your desired level of crispiness, remove them from the air fryer and serve hot. You can enjoy them on their own or with your favorite dipping sauce, like ketchup, aioli, or a yogurt-based dip.