For the Brownies:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
For the Banana Pudding Layer:
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box of instant banana pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
For the Topping:
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Sliced bananas and crushed vanilla wafers (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×9-inch baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the melted butter and sugar until well combined. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and continue mixing until smooth.
- Stir in the mashed bananas.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Bake the brownies for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs (you want the brownies to be slightly underbaked as they will continue to cook when you add the pudding layer).
- While the brownies are baking, prepare the banana pudding according to the package instructions by mixing the pudding mix with cold milk. Let it set in the refrigerator.
- Once the brownies are done and have cooled for a few minutes, spread the banana pudding on top of the brownie layer.
- Allow the brownies and pudding to cool completely in the refrigerator.
- Before serving, top the Banana Pudding Brownies with whipped cream and garnish with sliced bananas and crushed vanilla wafers if desired.
- Slice and enjoy!
These Banana Pudding Brownies are a delicious twist on classic brownies. The combination of chocolate and banana flavors with the creamy pudding layer is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.