- Butter, 2 tablespoons
- White Onion, 1/ 8 Cup
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic, to taste
- Chicken broth, two cups
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 1 cup of chopped, bite-sized broccoli
- One teaspoon of cream cheese
- Heavy whipping cream, 1/4 cup
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cooked and crumbled bacon slices (Optional)
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
Sautée garlic, onion, and butter in a pot(large) over medium heat until the onions are soft.
Add broccoli and broth to the pot.
Till broccoli is tender, cook. Season with salt, pepper, and other spices.
Heat cream cheese in a bowl(small) in the microwave for about THIRTY seconds.
Add cream cheese and heavy whipping cream to the soup and bring to a boil.
Put cheddar cheese immediately after turning the heat off.
Add xanthan gum and mix. Observe thickening.
Serve hot with crumbled bacon (optional)