- 1 head of cabbage, chopped
- 6 large onions, diced
- 6 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 bunch of celery, chopped
- 1 or 2 carrots, diced
- 1 package of dry onion soup mix (for flavor)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Water or vegetable broth (enough to cover the vegetables)
- In a large pot, sauté the onions and green peppers with a little oil or cooking spray until they become tender.
- Add the chopped cabbage, celery, and carrots. Cook for a few minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the diced tomatoes, the dry onion soup mix, and enough water or vegetable broth to cover all the vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 30-45 minutes, or until all the vegetables are tender.
- You can adjust the seasoning and thickness of the soup to your preference by adding more water or broth if needed.