- 12 jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray or oil for greasing
- Breadcrumbs (optional, for a crispy coating)
- Ranch or sour cream for dipping (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Slice the jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and membranes. You can use a spoon to scrape out the seeds and create little pepper boats.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, minced garlic, chopped red onion, and cilantro. Mix everything well, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each jalapeno half with the chicken and cheese mixture. Make sure not to overstuff them, as you’ll need to be able to close them up.
- If you want a crispy coating, you can dip the stuffed jalapenos in breadcrumbs at this point. This step is optional but adds an extra crunch to the dish.
- Place the stuffed jalapenos on a greased baking sheet or in a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through and bubbly.
- If you prefer a more charred or roasted appearance, you can broil them for a few additional minutes until the tops are slightly browned.
- Allow them to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- You can serve chicken stuffed jalapenos with a side of ranch dressing or sour cream for dipping.
Remember that jalapeno peppers can vary in their level of spiciness, so the heat of your dish will depend on the specific jalapenos you use. Be cautious when handling them and consider wearing gloves to avoid getting capsaicin on your skin, which can cause a burning sensation.