For the loaf:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
For the lemon glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set this dry mixture aside.
- In another bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, which should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the milk, starting and ending with the dry mixture. Mix until just combined; don’t overmix.
- Gently fold in the fresh blueberries. Be careful not to overmix, or your batter might turn blue.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- While the loaf is baking, prepare the lemon glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl until it’s smooth.
- Once the loaf is done baking, allow it to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack.
- While the loaf is still warm, drizzle the lemon glaze over the top.
- Allow the loaf to cool completely before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy your delicious Lemon Blueberry Loaf