Dash Mini Waffle Maker
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Colby Jack, shredded cheese finely shredded; any type of shredded cheese may be used
- ½ cup cauliflower rice fresh or frozen. Do NOT defrost if using frozen, but break up any hard clumps before measuring.
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, Italian seasoning or other spice of choice. OPTIONAL
Preheat the waffle maker.
Note: The instructions assume you are using a mini waffle maker, like the Dash. See notes if you’re using a regular-sized or Belgian waffle maker.
Stir egg, shredded cheese, and cauliflower rice together in a small bowl. Stir in any seasonings you decided to use too. It will be on the thick side.
Open the waffle iron and mist it with cooking spray. Transfer about ¼ cup of batter into the bottom. Use a silicone spatula to spread the batter to the edge of the well for a clean edge.
Note: this recipe yields 2 to 3 chaffles depending upon the size of the cauliflower crumbles and how thick you spread the batter.
Allow the chaffle to cook for about 4 minutes or until the steam no longer escapes from the sides of the waffle maker. Remove with silicone tongs.
Repeat with remaining batter. The chaffles will continue to crisp and firm up for a few minutes after you remove them. Enjoy!
You’ll find more expert tips and step-by-step pictures above!
- Different Waffle Maker – If using a different type of waffle maker then follow the directions for your appliance. The general process works the same way.
- Store – Place chaffles in an airtight storage container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freezer for up to 3 months. Reheat in a toaster or air fryer until crispy