- 1⅔ cups white spelt flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup vegan butter (or coconut oil, melted (100 grams
- ½ cup sugar
- 200 Grams fresh or frozen mango puree (in a blender) It is important to maintain an accurate weight
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup plant based milk
- 1 tsp apple sider vinegar
- 2 slices dried sugar-free mango optional but recommended, upgrades the cake!
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees, grease an English-cake pan measuring 22 cm by 10 cm.
- Sift the flour into a bowl, add baking powder, baking soda, salt and mix.
- In a large bowl, mix oil or butter, sugar, mango puree, vanilla extract and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix milk and vinegar; Transfer to the wet ingredients bowl and mix well.
- Gradually add the flour and mix until the flour is absorbed into the mixture.
- Transfer the batter to the pan, place the dried mango slices over the batter and press gently.
- Place in the center of the hot oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Once the cake has cooled you can take it out of the pan.
- Enjoy and let me know how it turned out ❤️
English cake pan measuring 22 cm by 10 cm; Do not include wide margins in the measurement.