- 1⅔ cups white spelt flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup vegan butter (or coconut oil, melted (100 grams
- ½ cup sugar
- 200 Grams fresh or frozen mango puree (in a blender) It is important to maintain an accurate weight
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup plant based milk
- 1 tsp apple sider vinegar
- 2 slices dried sugar-free mango optional but recommended, upgrades the cake!
Preheat the oven to 160 degrees, grease an English-cake pan measuring 22 cm by 10 cm.
Sift the flour into a bowl, add baking powder, baking soda, salt and mix.
In a large bowl, mix oil or butter, sugar, mango puree, vanilla extract and salt.
In a small bowl, mix milk and vinegar; Transfer to the wet ingredients bowl and mix well.
Gradually add the flour and mix until the flour is absorbed into the mixture.
Transfer the batter to the pan, place the dried mango slices over the batter and press gently.
Place in the center of the hot oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Remove the cake from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Once the cake has cooled you can take it out of the pan.
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out ❤️
English cake pan measuring 22 cm by 10 cm; Do not include wide margins in the measurement.