- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or melted butter)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips (optional, for extra chocolatey goodness)
- In a microwave-safe mug, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract to the mug. Mix until the batter is well combined. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the mug to incorporate all the dry ingredients.
- If you’re using chocolate chips, stir them into the batter.
- Microwave the mug on high for about 1 minute and 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Cooking times may vary depending on your microwave’s wattage, so keep an eye on it. The cake will rise and firm up as it cooks.
- Let the mug cake cool for a minute or two before eating. You can enjoy it directly from the mug or transfer it onto a plate.
- Optionally, you can add toppings like whipped cream, a scoop of ice cream, or a dusting of powdered sugar for extra indulgence.
Keep in mind that the texture of a mug cake may be slightly different from a traditional baked cake, but it’s a convenient and satisfying treat when you’re craving something sweet in a hurry. Enjoy!