- Cod fillets
- Cooking spray or oil for spraying the basket (optional)
- Seasonings of your choice (such as salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, lemon zest, or herbs)
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for about 5 minutes. The preheating helps ensure even cooking.
- While the air fryer is preheating, prepare the cod fillets. You can pat them dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture, which will help the fillets become crispy. Season the fillets with your preferred seasonings. A common seasoning mix is a pinch of salt, pepper, and a little paprika for flavor.
- If your air fryer tends to stick, you can lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray or brush it with a small amount of oil. Be sure to use a food-safe oil with a high smoke point, like canola or grapeseed oil.
- Place the seasoned cod fillets in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Leave some space between them to allow for even cooking. If your air fryer is small, you may need to cook the fillets in batches.
- Cook the cod fillets in the air fryer for about 10-12 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C). Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of your fillets, so be sure to check for doneness. You can flip the fillets halfway through the cooking time to ensure they cook evenly.
- When the cod fillets are cooked to your desired level of crispiness, carefully remove them from the air fryer using tongs or a spatula.
- Serve the cod fillets immediately with your favorite side dishes, such as lemon wedges, tartar sauce, coleslaw, or steamed vegetables.