Cowboy Steak and Eggs for an easy, one skillet breakfast full of delicious options.
- 2 Ribeye Steaks
- 1.5 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1.5 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- Canola Oil as needed
- 4-5 Fresh Eggs
- 3 Large Russet Potatoes diced
- 1 White Onion diced
- 4-5 Chorizo Sausages
- 5-6 Bacon Strips
- 1 tbsp Chipotle Garlic Seasoning
- Chopped Cilantro for garnish
- Hot Sauce for garnish
- 1 can Medley of Beans pinto and black preferably
- 2 tbsp Hot Sauce
- 2 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the fire to medium-high temperature about 375F. Set the large cast iron griddle or skillet over fire.
- Add your bacon and chorizo sausage to cook in the skillet making sure to flip them every 45-60 seconds. When the bacon is crispy and the chorizo sausage is 165F internal (about 6-8 minutes), pull off and keep warm.
- Add your diced potatoes to the skillet and cook for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on the outside. During the last 5-7 minutes, add the Chipotle Garlic Rub and the diced white onions. Cook until nice and crispy. Once done, pull off and keep warm.
- Next, season your steaks with kosher salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Add to the skillet or to a grill to cook until 120F internal (about 5-6 minutes per side). Once the steaks are done cooking, pull off and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Finally, add a cast iron skillet with the beans, hot sauce, sugar and salt. Mix together and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the beans have thickened and are hot. Pull off and keep warm.
- When everything is done add your potatoes back to the skillet. Spread the potatoes making a large ring in the skillet and add some oil to the center. Add your eggs into the middle and fry to preference. Add the rest of the cooked ingredients to the skillet for serving.
- Remove the skillet off heat and let it rest for 1 minute. Serve the whole skillet topped with some chopped cilantro and hot sauce. Enjoy!