- 2 large cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the cucumbers: Wash the cucumbers thoroughly and thinly slice them. You can use a knife or a mandolin slicer for even slices. If the cucumber has a thick or tough skin, you can peel it off before slicing.
- Slice the red onion: Peel and thinly slice the red onion. You can adjust the quantity according to your preference.
- Make the dressing: In a mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, white vinegar, sugar, chopped dill, salt, and pepper. Mix everything together until the dressing is smooth and well combined.
- Combine the ingredients: Add the sliced cucumbers and red onions to the bowl with the dressing. Gently toss the ingredients together until the cucumbers and onions are coated evenly with the dressing.
- Chill: Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Chilling the salad will allow the flavors to meld together and make it even more delicious.
- Serve: Once the salad has chilled, give it a final toss to make sure the dressing is distributed evenly. Serve the creamy cucumber salad as a refreshing side dish alongside your favorite main course.
Feel free to adjust the seasoning and dressing ingredients to suit your taste preferences. You can also add other ingredients like cherry tomatoes or sliced bell peppers to add more color and flavor to the salad. Enjoy your creamy cucumber salad!