- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips (you can use a mix of milk and dark chocolate)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease it well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and melted butter. Mix until well combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs (avoid hitting a chocolate chip).
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your delicious Double Chocolate Chip Muffins! They’re great for breakfast, as a snack, or even for dessert.