A delicious sweet crunchy, chewy, chocolaty treat the whole family will love, these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares are easy to make too. You’ll want to store these treats in the fridge to keep their shape.
PREP TIME10MINUTES MINS
COOK TIME10MINUTES MINS
TOTAL TIME15MINUTES MINS
Author: Martha McKinnon | Simple Nourished Living
- ▢2 cups air-popped plain popcorn
- ▢2 cups crisp rice cereal
- ▢2 cups circle oat cereal (I used Cheerios)
- ▢⅓ cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- ▢1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ▢1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ▢1 jar (7-½ ounces) marshmallow creme
- ▢¼ cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- ▢3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ▢1-½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with foil, allowing the foil to extend over the rim of the pan by 2 inches. to make removal easy. Spray the foil with non-stick spray.
- In a very large bowl, combine the popcorn, rice cereal, oat cereal and peanuts.
- Put the butter and chocolate in a large non-stick skillet and set over low heat. Cook, stirring until melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat; add the marshmallow creme, peanut butter, cocoa powder and vanilla. Return the skillet to the heat and cook, stirring until well blended and hot, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Scrape the marshmallow mixture on top of the cereal mixture. With a rubber spatula, stir vigorously until the cereal mixture is evenly coated.
- Scrape into the baking pan.
- Spray your hands with non-stick spray and then press down firmly on the mixture to form an even layer.
- Refrigerate until completely cool and set.
- Lift from the pan using the foil as handles. With a serrated knife lightly sprayed with nonstick spray, cut into 24 squares.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator to keep them firm.
The recipe calls for marshmallow creme, but you could easily substitute mini marshmallows (8 to 10 ounces), and simply increase the cooking time until they melt.
Click here to see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site.
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
East No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
Amount Per Serving (1 square)
Calories 87Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.