- 8 ounce Spaghetti broken into halves
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 6-8 cloves Garlic chopped fine (refer notes for option)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili flakes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley chopped fine (refer notes for option)
- 1/4-1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
ALWAYS READ THE COMPLETE RECIPE BEFORE STARTING. GATHER INGREDIENTS. ALSO ALWAYS READ THE NOTES FOR MORE OPTIONS AND TIPS.
Peel the garlic cloves and chop them up. I like to chop my garlic cloves roughly. You may either mince it or chop them into slices.
Place the inner pot inside the instant pot and press SAUTE MODE. Heat Olive Oil in it. Then add chopped garlic to the oil. Saute till garlic is pink. Switch off the saute mode and add red chili flakes. Stir together. Remove it from the inner pot and set aside in a bowl. No need to clean the inner pot for cooking pasta later on. Use as is.
NOTE – Many recipes call for cooking pasta along with sauteed garlic. But I differ on it. Somehow I do not like the texture of soft garlic with pasta. I always add the sauteed crisped garlic to cooked pasta for more flavor and texture.
Wash, clean and chop the parsley fine. Set aside.
How to cook Spaghetti in Instant Pot?
There are 2 simple rules of cooking any pasta in Instant Pot.
1. Use only the amount of water that is needed to cover the pasta till its level.
2. Cook Pasta for 1/2 the amount of time in IP from mentioned in the cooking directions on the packet. And then follow QPR (quick pressure release)
So when we are cooking spaghetti in IP, first of all break the spaghetti into halves. Then spread it inside the instant pot in all the directions to avoid sticking. Check this you-tube from my channel to watch how I place my noodles in the IP.
Pour about 3 cups of water and salt to submerge the pasta just enough at the level.
Place the lid and lock it. Push the valve back to Close. Pressure cook on high for 3 minutes. Then follow QPR (Quick Pressure Release).
Once safety valve drops down, open the lid. Take a kitchen tong or fork and separate the pasta in case its stuck. This is important step. Spaghetti is ready. If there is little water left, then it is okay. Actually that is good since it keeps the spaghetti moist and works like a sauce when tossed with other ingredients.
Putting Spaghetti Aglio-e-Olio together
Further add sauteed garlic along with the olive oil, chopped parsley, black pepper and parmesan cheese to it. Mix it well with kitchen tongs. Spaghetti Aglio-e-Olio is ready!
ow to make Spaaghetti Aglio-e-Olio on gas top?
Cook Spaghetti on gas top as mentioned in the cooking instructions on the box. Drain and set aside. You may save a little water of the cooked spaghetti if you want to keep it moist. In a large sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic in it. Then add red chili flakes to it. Immediately after add the cooked spaghetti, chopped parsely, black pepper and parmesan cheese. Switch off the gas. Take kitchen tongs and toss and mix the ingredients together. It is ready to be served.
Spaghetti Aglio-e-Olio Meal Tips
- Here is a complete guide on How to Cook PASTA in INSTANT POT.
- Addition of Red chili flakes is optional. If you do not want to make it spicy, then omit using red chili flakes.
- You can chose to either chop the garlic at home or use the store bought pre-minced garlic in bottle. Although you can also use dry garlic powder but I prefer fresh garlic.
- The ingredients mention parsley. Although I prefer using freshly chopped parsley but you can use dried parsley as well.
- You can easily double the recipe and make a larger meal.
- This Vegetarian Pasta Meal can be easily stored in the refrigerator.
- To warm up the leftovers, boil some water with little salt and olive oil. Add the refrigerated spaghetti and warm it up in the pan.
- For microwave warming, add some water in the cold spaghetti and then microwave for few minutes till warm. Stir in between.
What to serve with Spaghetti?
I often serve it with a side of ROASTED VEGETABLES and someHOME MADE GARLIC BREAD! It makes a complete scrumptious meal. You can also serve it with just ROASTED BROCCOLI too.
Why should I make this Spaghetti Aglio E Alio Recipe?
It is the quickest, easiest, simplest and the most comforting pasta recipe ever.
Needs only handful ingredients that are pantry staple.
Garlic lends tons of flavot to this pasta dish. A perfect dish for garlic lovers
A great Weeknight meal for busy people
This is your perfect Vegetarian Spaghetti Recipe to try.
Your kids will love it and will finish all of it.
Check out some of my other Pasta Recipes – Pasta Primavera, Creamy Pesto Pasta, Creamy Cajun Pasta, Creamy Spinach Pasta,Garlic Noodles, Kung Pao Spaghetti and more.
What are the ingredients of Spaghetti Aglio-e-Olio?
Spaghetti – Make sure to use spaghetti pasta or some thicker pasta. Please do not use Angel Hair pasta for this recipe.
Olive Oil – Good quality olive oil lends the flavor to this dish.
Garlic – Use fresh garlic cloves for this recipe. In case you do not have fresh garlic, you can use minced or Garlic Powder.
Red Chili flakes – This is optional but it tastes great in the recipe.
Salt & Pepper – Since it is a very simple recipe with just few ingredients, seasoning it well with salt it important. About 1 tsp salt is good for this amount of spaghetti. You can start with less and add more later if you are not sure.
Parmesan Cheese – You can use pre grated parmesan cheese or grate from the block of parmesan.
Parsley – I insist to use fresh parsley. In case you do not have fresh on hand, then use dry parsley.
Measuring Cups and Spoons
Chopping Board and Knife
Pasta Serving Bowls
6 quart Instant Pot
Instant Pot Liner
NutritionServing: 2people | Calories: 610kcal | Carbohydrates: 89g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 1382mg | Potassium: 333mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 584IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 196mg | Iron: 2mg