- can opener
- Air fryer
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onions chopped, 1 onion yields ½ cup chopped onion.
- 1 cup canned black beans
- 5 cups mushrooms chopped
- 1 tbsp. ginger-garlic
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- ¾ cup lentil flour
- 3 tbsp. chia seed meal powdered chia seeds or flax seeds.
- salt as per taste
- In a pan, heat oil and cook onions until pink.
- Add mushrooms along with salt, paprika and seasoning. Cook until they soften.
- Allow the mushroom to cool and come at room temperature.
- Add cup of canned beans along with chia seed powder, lentil flour .
- Grind it in a food processor for a minute.
- Shape into patties and freeze it for 2-3 hours . You may oil your hands to shape these patties as the batter will be sticky.
- Preheat the air fryer for 10 mins at 190 deg C | 375 F.
- Brush the patties with oil,Air fry for 10-12 mins.
- Brush oil again . Flip and air fry further for 4-5 mins.
- Assemble the burger with buns,lettuce,cucumber slices,tomato slices and fried onions.
- Alternatively, you can also cook the patties on a cast iron griddle with little oil.
We have used chia seed meal/flax seed meal as a binding agent.
Alternatively, you can also cook the patties on a cast iron griddle with little oil.
You can alternatively freeze the uncooked patties in the freezer to be cooked at at later point in time. If they are completely frozen, increase the cooking time by an additional 5 minutes.