Grilled Garlic Butter Lobster because who doesn’t love protein covered in butter and cheese?
- 3 Lobsters split in half & cleaned
- 1.5 tbsp Smoked Chipotle Mezcal Seasoning
- 1 cup Gruyere Cheese grated
- Lemons Sliced for garnish
- Parsley Chopped for garnish
GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE:
- 1.5 tbsp White Wine
- 1 tbsp Garlic Minced
- 1 tbsp Shallots Minced
- 1 stick of Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce
- ½ tsp Tarragon Chopped
- Lather your split & clean lobster halves with canola oil and then thoroughly seasoning with Chipotle Mezcal seasoning (or your favorite seafood seasoning). Set in the fridge until you are ready to cook.
- Preheat your Cowboy Charcoal for direct grilling at a medium temperature (about 350F).
- Add a cast iron skillet over the coals to preheat for 1 minute. Add your shallots and garlic and let simmer with a little oil until browns (about 2-3 minutes). Deglaze the skillet with the white wine and let simmer for 1 minute. Next, add the butter and hot sauce and let it melt. Once everything is melted and simmering, add your chopped tarragon. Let simmer for 1 more minute then pull off and let cool.
- Pull out your lobster tails, and add them to the grill to cook for 2-3 minutes flesh side down. Flip the lobster tails over and begin adding a spoonful of the Garlic Butter sauce on each lobster tail. Top each tail with the grated gruyere cheese and cover the lobster tails with a lid or cover to let the cheese caramelize (about 2-3 minutes). Once the lobster tails are done and the cheese is melted, pull off and let cool.
- Garnish the lobster with parsley and lemons. Serve & enjoy!