- 1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey for a leaner option)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) corn kernels, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup beef or chicken broth
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, sliced green onions, sliced jalapeños
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef (or turkey) over medium heat until it’s browned and crumbled. Drain any excess fat.
- In a slow cooker, combine the cooked meat, chopped onion, bell pepper, minced garlic, black beans, pinto beans, corn, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, taco seasoning mix, and broth.
- Stir all the ingredients together in the slow cooker until well combined.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. This will allow the flavors to meld and the soup to become heated through.
- Before serving, taste the soup and adjust the seasoning if necessary. You can add more taco seasoning, salt, or pepper to suit your taste.
- Serve the Hearty Crockpot Taco Soup in bowls, and offer a variety of toppings for everyone to customize their bowl to their liking. Some popular toppings include shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, sliced green onions, and sliced jalapeños.
This Crockpot Taco Soup is easy to prepare and perfect for a family dinner or when you’re hosting a gathering. Enjoy!