- 4 cups frozen or fresh corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley or chives) for garnishInstructions:
- Prepare the Corn: If using fresh corn, shuck the ears and remove the kernels from the cob. If using frozen corn, thaw it according to the package instructions.
- Cook the Corn: In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the corn kernels to the skillet and sauté for 5-7 minutes, or until the corn is cooked through and starts to develop a golden color.
- Add Honey: Pour the honey over the corn and stir well to coat the kernels evenly. Allow the honey to caramelize slightly, giving the corn a sweet and buttery flavor.
- Season: Season the corn with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning according to your preferences.
- Serve: Once the corn is cooked and coated in the honey-butter mixture, remove the skillet from the heat. Transfer the corn to a serving dish, and if desired, garnish with chopped fresh herbs.
- Enjoy: Serve the Honey Butter Skillet Corn as a delightful side dish alongside your favorite main courses. This dish is perfect for summer barbecues, holiday dinners, or any time you want a sweet and savory corn side.
Feel free to customize this recipe to suit your taste preferences. You can also experiment with additional seasonings or spices to enhance the flavor even further.