- 2 lbs. top sirloin or tenderloin beef
- 1 – 2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
Preheat grill to high.
Cut beef into 1-inch cubes and season well with lemon pepper on all sides. Thread onto skewers.
Place kebabs on grill and cook turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 2 minutes per side.
Remove kebabs from grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
Here’s my tips on How To Cook Perfect Steak Kabobs:
– buy a great cut of meat. When you serve steak kabob style you don’t need as much meat per person so I like to splurge on a better quality steak. I buy the Prime Sirloin or Tenderloin Steaks at Costco which are tender and lean, and a better price than at the grocery store. Since your guests will be eating kabobs without a knife and fork, you don’t want stringy, tough to chew meat.
– don’t over cook it. You bought a great cut of meat, so serve it medium rare to medium. Kabobs cook quickly so don’t wander off and get distracted.
– have your grill piping hot. You want a nice char on the kabobs. It’s the caramelization on the steak that adds that great barbecue flavor. Be sure and start with a clean grill. If you started with a hot grill, you’ll know it’s time to turn the kabobs when they release easily from the grill.
– cut even size pieces so the kabobs cook at the same rate. Don’t add vegetables to your steak kabobs. If you want grilled vegetables, make a separate veggie kabob.
– season the steak kabobs well on all sides. If may seem like you’re adding too much seasoning but you’ll lose some on the grill and this is your only seasoning. I like to use lemon pepper, but if you don’t have that use salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper. A simple seasoning really lets the flavor of your great steak shine.