- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup erythritol or your preferred keto-friendly sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: sugar-free chocolate chips or chopped nuts for decoration
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the almond flour and coconut flour. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and sweetener until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg yolk to the butter mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing until a dough forms. It may be slightly crumbly, but it should stick together when pressed.
- Form the dough into a ball and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take the chilled dough and roll it out to about 1/4 inch thickness between two sheets of parchment paper. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes or simply use your hands to form small balls and press them down with a fork.
- Optional: Decorate the cookies with sugar-free chocolate chips or chopped nuts.
- Place the cookies onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your keto-friendly Butter Cookies! They’re a delicious treat that’s perfect for any occasion. Store any leftovers in an airtight container to keep them fresh.