- 3 large eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar (optional, helps stabilize egg whites)
- 1 tablespoon erythritol or your preferred keto-friendly sweetener (optional, for a slightly sweet version)
- Pinch of salt (if not using cream of tartar)
- Optional seasonings (e.g., garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary, etc.)
- Preheat your oven to 300°F (150°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks and place them in two separate bowls.
- In the bowl with the egg yolks, add the softened cream cheese and, if desired, the sweetener. Mix until smooth.
- If using cream of tartar, add it to the egg whites. Beat the egg whites using an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg yolk mixture into the beaten egg whites. Be careful not to overmix, as you want to maintain the fluffiness of the egg whites.
- Spoon the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, forming individual “clouds” or rounds.
- Optional: Sprinkle your choice of seasonings on top of each cloud for added flavor.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the cloud bread is golden brown and set.
- Allow the cloud bread to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Cloud bread can be used as a low-carb substitute for bread in various recipes. It’s great for making sandwiches, burger buns, or as a base for other keto-friendly toppings. Enjoy experimenting with different flavors and seasonings to suit your taste!