- 1 lb (450g) ground beef
- 1 small head of cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (use a low-carb alternative like tamari or coconut aminos if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: sliced green onions, sesame seeds
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until browned, breaking it apart with a spatula as it cooks. Drain excess fat if necessary.
- Push the beef to one side of the skillet and add the minced garlic to the other side. Cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the sliced onion and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the onion starts to become translucent.
- Stir in the sliced cabbage. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until the cabbage has wilted and softened to your liking.
- Season the mixture with soy sauce, ground ginger, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes, ensuring the flavors are well incorporated and the cabbage is cooked to your desired level of tenderness.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Optional: Top with sliced green onions and sesame seeds for added flavor and texture.
Serve hot and enjoy your Keto Cabbage Beef Skillet! This dish is low in carbs and high in flavor, making it a great option for a keto-friendly meal. Adjust portion sizes to fit your dietary needs.