For the cauliflower wrapper:
- 1 small head of cauliflower, florets separated
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the filling:
- 1/2 pound ground pork (or other preferred protein)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari (for gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (avocado oil, coconut oil, etc.)
- 1/4 cup water
- Prepare the Cauliflower Wrapper:
- Steam or microwave the cauliflower florets until they are soft. Allow them to cool slightly.
- Place the steamed cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it reaches a rice-like consistency.
- Transfer the cauliflower rice to a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- In a bowl, mix the cauliflower rice, shredded mozzarella, egg, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Microwave the mixture for about 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cheese is melted and the mixture comes together.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly before handling.
- Prepare the Filling:
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ground pork, chopped green onions, minced garlic, grated ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Mix until the filling is well combined.
- Assemble the Potstickers:
- Take a small amount of the cauliflower mixture and press it between your palms to flatten it into a circle, about 3-4 inches in diameter.
- Place a small spoonful of the filling in the center of the cauliflower circle.
- Fold the circle in half, sealing the edges by pressing and pinching them together. You can crimp the edges with a fork for a decorative touch.
- Repeat this process with the remaining cauliflower mixture and filling.
- Cook the Potstickers:
- In a skillet, heat the cooking oil over medium heat.
- Place the potstickers in the skillet, flat side down, and cook until the bottoms are golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully add 1/4 cup of water to the skillet and immediately cover with a lid. Steam the potstickers for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until the filling is cooked through.
- Serve and Enjoy:
- Once the potstickers are cooked, remove them from the skillet and serve them with a dipping sauce of your choice, such as soy sauce, tamari, or a keto-friendly dipping sauce.
These Keto Potstickers are a fun and flavorful option that replaces traditional wrappers with a cauliflower-based alternative. They can be served as an appetizer or main dish, and the filling can be customized to your preferences. Enjoy!