Korean-Inspired Vegan Corn Cheese Ramen: aka the perfect 20-minute meal! Chewy ramen noodles doused in rich gochujang sauce tossed with sweet corn, then topped with creamy vegan cheese and baked until golden and bubbly! If you love Korean corn cheese and ramen, then consider the perfect marriage of these two dishes your new favorite recipe!
Fast forward, and here I am sharing my version of Korean-Inspired Vegan Corn Cheese Ramen (that’s a mouthful) 😉 The recipe that Buzzfeed posted calls for the flavor packets included in the ramen noodles, but many aren’t vegan-friendly, so I decided to ditch ’em all together and come up with my own sauce! Of course, I wanted it to be just as easy as making instant ramen, so all you have to do is throw it all into a pan and mix it with a broth as you’d typically do anyway.
- • 2 teaspoons oil
- • 1 bunch of green onions, white and light green parts sliced into ½-inch pieces, dark green part cut into thin strips or at a bias, divided
- • 10 cloves garlic, minced
- • 1 teaspoon gochugaru, plus more for garnish
- • 2 cups roasted sweet corn, plus more for garnish
- • 2 tablespoons gochujang
- • ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- • ½ teaspoon MSG, optional
- • ⅔ cup vegetable broth
- • 3 (5-ounce) packages of vegan-friendly ramen noodles, cooked according to package directions
- • 1 cup vegan mozzarella cheese shreds
- • ½ cup vegan cheddar cheese shreds
- • Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Heat the oil in a large, oven-safe sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the white and light green parts of the green onion and garlic, and season with the gochugaru flakes. Cook, stirring often, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Next, add the corn, vegan mayonnaise, gochugaru and MSG. Give it a good stir to combine and cook until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour in the broth and noodles and toss again to combine. Top with the vegan cheese shreds, cover and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly 8 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds, green onion, a handful of roasted sweet corn, a pinch of gochugaru flakes, and enjoy immediately!