For the Chicken Marinade:
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup of mystery sauce (you can use your favorite sauce, like teriyaki, hoisin, or a combination)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Mystery Sauce (choose one or make your own):
- Teriyaki sauce
- Hoisin sauce
- BBQ sauce
- Sweet chili sauce
- Sriracha mayo
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mystery sauce, minced garlic, soy sauce, olive oil, salt, and pepper to make the chicken marinade.
- Add the chicken cubes to the marinade and toss them to coat evenly. Cover the bowl and let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. The longer you marinate, the more flavor the chicken will absorb.
- While the chicken is marinating, preheat your air fryer to 370°F (190°C) for a few minutes.
- Thread the marinated chicken cubes onto skewers, leaving a little space between each piece to allow for even cooking.
- Place the chicken kebabs in the preheated air fryer basket, ensuring they’re not overcrowded. You may need to cook them in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fry the chicken kebabs at 370°F (190°C) for 12-15 minutes, turning them halfway through the cooking time. The exact cooking time may vary depending on your air fryer and the size of the chicken pieces. Ensure the chicken is cooked through and has a nice, golden-brown exterior.
- While the chicken kebabs are cooking, you can prepare the mystery sauce by simply heating your chosen sauce in a small saucepan or microwave until it’s warm.
- Once the chicken kebabs are cooked, serve them hot with a drizzle of the warm mystery sauce on top. You can also serve with your favorite side dishes like rice, veggies, or a fresh salad.