- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- If the chicken breasts are very thick, you can use a meat mallet to gently pound them to an even thickness. This helps the chicken cook more evenly.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the grated Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, dried oregano, dried basil, and garlic powder.
- In a separate shallow dish, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Dip each chicken breast into the egg mixture, allowing any excess to drip off, then coat it in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing gently to adhere.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat and add enough olive oil to coat the bottom.
- Once the oil is hot, add the breaded chicken breasts and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Optional: If you’d like, you can sprinkle a little extra Parmesan cheese on top of each chicken breast during the last few minutes of baking for extra flavor.
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.
Serve your Parmesan Chicken with a side of vegetables, salad, or pasta. Enjoy your delicious meal!