- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the cookie dough evenly in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs (but not raw batter).
- Allow the bars to cool in the pan on a wire rack. Once cooled, cut them into squares or rectangles.
Enjoy your delicious Chocolate Chip Bars! They’re perfect for a sweet treat or as a dessert for gatherings and parties.