- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (you can use regular or Panko breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- Cooking oil (such as olive oil or vegetable oil)
- Marinara sauce (for serving)
- Mozzarella cheese (for topping, optional)
- Fresh basil or parsley (for garnish, optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a shallow dish or bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create the coating mixture.
- In another shallow dish or bowl, beat the eggs.
- If the chicken breasts are thick, you can use a meat mallet to gently pound them to an even thickness, about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. This ensures even cooking.
- Dip each chicken breast into the beaten eggs, allowing any excess to drip off.
- Coat the chicken breasts with the breadcrumb and Parmesan mixture, pressing the mixture onto the chicken to ensure it adheres well.
- Heat a skillet or oven-safe pan over medium-high heat and add some cooking oil. Once the oil is hot, add the coated chicken breasts.
- Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and crispy. This step is meant to sear the chicken and create a crispy crust.
- If you’d like to add mozzarella cheese, place a slice of mozzarella on top of each chicken breast.
- Transfer the skillet or pan to the preheated oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through (reaches an internal temperature of 165°F or 74°C) and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve the Parmesan chicken hot, topped with marinara sauce and garnished with fresh basil or parsley, if desired.
You can serve Parmesan chicken with a side of pasta, a salad, or vegetables. It’s a versatile and satisfying dish that’s sure to be a hit with your family or guests. Enjoy!