prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
- 1 or 2 Heads of broccoli (depending on size)
- 250g Pasta (I used Tagliatelle) (2 1/2 cup)
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 3 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Red chilli pepper (optional)
- 20g Parmesan cheese (1/4 cup)
- With a small knife, remove the leathery lower part of the stalk and divide into florets of the same size.
- Wash the broccoli under cold running water to remove impurities; Boil a pot of lightly salted water and cook the broccoli for 10 minutes.*
- Meanwhile, cut the garlic into rounds and brown it in a pan with extra virgin olive oil. Add chilli pepper if you like.
- When the broccoli has softened, transfer it to the pan with the garlic.
- Let the broccoli cook on low heat for about 10 minutes. Break apart the broccoli with a spatula into tiny pieces. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In the same pot where we cooked the broccoli, we cook the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, blend half of the broccoli and add parmesan cheese and 1 or 2 tablespoons of cooking water to smooth out the mixture.
- Drain the pasta slightly al dente and transfer it to the pan with the broccoli. Remember to save half a cup of pasta cooking water.
- Toss the pasta with the broccoli and add the broccoli cream that you prepared earlier and half a cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Mix well, and serve hot.
- * In the same water in which you cooked the broccoli, cook the pasta.
SERVING SIZE: 2
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 562TOTAL FAT: 26gSATURATED FAT: 5gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 19gCHOLESTEROL: 9mgSODIUM: 337mgCARBOHYDRATES: 70gFIBER: 15gSUGAR: 7gPROTEIN: 20g