1 CUP = 250 ml
- 250 grams soba or udon noodles Use any noodles you prefer
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- few drops oil
For sesame noodles
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil divided
- 1 inch ginger peeled and minced
- 4 large garlic clobes peeled and minced
- 2.5 cups mixed vegetables thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup green onions finely chopped
- 100 grams tofu, cubed and pan fried
Bring 4 cup water to a rolling boil in a large pot. Add few drops of oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add uncooked noodles and stir once gently.
Cook for the time mentioned in the package in medium flame.
Once done, drain excess water and rinse in cold water thoroughly. Keep covered until use.
How To Make Sesame Noodles.
Heat toasted sesame oil in a large wok. Add minced ginger garlic and chili flake. Saute for few seconds. Now add finely chopped onions and saute well for a minute in high heat.
Next add sliced vegetables. Saute in high heat for 2 minutes.
Add the sauce ingredients one by one quickly- soy sauce, more toasted sesame oil, maple syrup, rice vinegar, chili paste.
Also throw in the sesame seeds. Add salt to taste.
Mix and saute in high heat for 5 minutes.
Add the cooked noodles.
Toss well in high heat, throw in pan fried tofu and chopped green onions. Serve sesame noodles hot immedietly.
If you are making this sesame noodles without vegetables, increase the quantity of noodles by another 250 grams for three servings,
Instead of dried noodles you can also use fresh noodles like hokkien noodles. Available in the refrigerator section.
If sambal oelak is notnavailable you can use chilli flakes or chili garlic sauce.