For the Pizza Dough:
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (1 packet)
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
For the Toppings:
- Tomato sauce or pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Turkey pepperoni slices
- Optional toppings (e.g., sliced bell peppers, onions, olives, mushrooms)
- Make the Pizza Dough: a. In a small bowl, combine warm water and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Sprinkle the yeast over the water and let it sit for about 5 minutes, or until it becomes frothy. b. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, olive oil, and salt. Pour in the yeast mixture and stir until a dough forms. c. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it for about 5 minutes, or until it becomes smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover it with a damp cloth, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 475°F (245°C). If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven while it preheats.
- Prepare the Pizzas: a. Once the dough has risen, punch it down and divide it into desired portions (usually makes 2 large or 4 small pizzas). b. Roll out each portion of dough on a floured surface to your desired thickness. If using a pizza stone, transfer the rolled-out dough onto a piece of parchment paper.
- Add Toppings: a. Spread a layer of tomato sauce onto the dough, leaving a small border around the edges for the crust. b. Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce. c. Add turkey pepperoni slices and any additional toppings you desire.
- Bake the Pizzas: a. If using a pizza stone, carefully slide the parchment paper with the pizza onto the preheated stone. If not using a stone, place the pizza on a baking sheet. b. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.
- Serve: Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing. Enjoy your delicious turkey pepperoni pizza!
Feel free to customize this recipe to your taste preferences and dietary needs. Enjoy your homemade pizza!