Servings: 12 cinnamon rolls
For the Dough
- 5 – 5 1/2 cups bread flour (600-660g)
- 1/2 cup vegan cane sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast (1 package)
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp vegan butter, softened (85g)
- 2 cups dairy free milk, warmed to 110-115F (454g)
For the Filling
- 1 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, diced small (220g)
- 1/4 cup vegan cane sugar (50g)
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar (230g)
- 4-5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
For the dough
- In a large stand mixer bowl, whisk together 5 cups of bread flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.
- Then, add in the vegan butter and dairy free milk. Turn stand mixer onto low and let go for 5-7 minutes, adding in the remaining flour if needed to not be sticky and form a ball.
- Once ball is formed, grease the same bowl mixed in and place the dough ball back into the bowl.
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let sit for 60-90 minutes in a warm, draft free place until doubled.
For the filling
- In a small saucepan, over medium low heat, add strawberries and stir constantly for 4 minutes until the strawberries begin to release juices. Add the granulated sugar and cornstarch and continue to stir for another 2 minutes. The mixture will thicken. Remove from the heat, stir in the cinnamon, and then pour into a heatproof bowl or container, and chill until ready to use. You do not want a warm filling as you spread it onto the dough.
- Once dough has doubled in size, pull out the dough and lay it out on a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll dough into an approximately 17×25″ rectangle that is 1/4″ thick. Spread the cooled filling mixture evenly across dough.
- Carefully roll into a log from the longest side up. One completely rolled, place seam side down. Cut into 12 even sized pieces.
- Place into a greased 9×13 baking dish and cover. Cover and let rise again for 45-60 minutes or until touching.
- Preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Once heated, place dish back inside and bake in oven for 30-35 minutes.
For the Glaze
- While rolls are cooking, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until well combined.
- Remove cinnamon rolls from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Then top with homemade glaze. Best served warm.
*See post for notes about Top 8 Allergy Free variation
**Nutritional facts are just estimates. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates.
Serving: 1roll | Calories: 386kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 262mg | Potassium: 174mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 427IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 1mg