Indulging in a sweet treat doesn’t have to derail your healthy eating goals, especially with this delightful homemade Weight Watchers-friendly ice cream recipe. Prepare to tantalize your taste buds with a creamy blend of frozen bananas and non-fat Greek yogurt, all infused with the irresistible essence of vanilla.
Ingredients and Preparation: To begin crafting this guilt-free delight, start by freezing ripe bananas that have been sliced into coins. Lay these banana slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet, allowing them to freeze until solid, a process typically taking a few hours or ideally overnight. Once frozen, transfer the banana slices to a blender or food processor along with non-fat Greek yogurt and a splash of vanilla extract. For those with a sweeter tooth, a touch of your preferred sweetener can be added to elevate the flavor, though ripe bananas offer their own natural sweetness, minimizing the need for additional sweeteners.
Blending and Serving: Blend the mixture until it reaches a smooth and creamy consistency, ensuring to scrape down the sides of the blender or food processor as needed to achieve an even blend. The result? A luscious, velvety ice cream base ready to be savored. Serve immediately for a soft-serve texture, or transfer the mixture to an airtight container for a couple of hours in the freezer to firm up to your desired consistency. When it’s time to indulge, scoop out this heavenly concoction into bowls or cones, and feel free to garnish with fresh fruit, crunchy nuts, or a sprinkle of cinnamon for an extra layer of flavor.
Final Thoughts: With its creamy texture and delightful flavor, this Weight Watchers 0-point vanilla banana ice cream is a testament to the fact that healthy eating can indeed be delicious and satisfying. Whether you’re treating yourself after a long day or impressing guests with a guilt-free dessert option, this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your repertoire. So go ahead, indulge in this guilt-free pleasure and savor every spoonful knowing that you’re nourishing your body while satisfying your sweet cravings.
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sweetener of your choice (optional, depending on sweetness preference)
- Freeze the Bananas:
- Peel and slice the bananas into coins.
- Place the banana slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, making sure they’re not touching each other.
- Freeze the banana slices until they’re solid, which usually takes a few hours or overnight.
- Blend Ingredients:
- Once the bananas are frozen, transfer them to a food processor or blender.
- Add the non-fat Greek yogurt and vanilla extract.
- If desired, add sweetener to taste. Remember, ripe bananas can add natural sweetness, so you may not need much additional sweetener.
- Blend the mixture until smooth and creamy. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the blender or food processor a few times to ensure everything is evenly mixed.
- Serve or Freeze:
- You can serve the ice cream immediately for a soft-serve consistency, or transfer it to an airtight container and freeze for a couple of hours for a firmer texture.
- If you freeze the ice cream for later consumption, let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before scooping to soften slightly.
- Serve the ice cream in bowls or cones, and feel free to top it with fresh fruit, nuts, or a sprinkle of cinnamon for added flavor.